Private sewing classes will be offered for adult beginner sewists and all sewing enthusiasts.
Classes are offered online (Zoom) or in Naples, Florida and surrounding areas (30 mile radius).
Classes will be tailed to each student's sewing goals and vary person to person. Available times vary.
The following supplies/materials are recommended but not required.
- A sewing machine is not required but is encouraged so you may carry forward what you learn in the classes. Sewing machines are available to rent for the class (basic brother sewing machine and Brother serger/overlocker).
- Notions: scissors, pins & clips, fabric pens, needles that fit your machine, bobbins and thread.
Examples of curriculum that may be covered:
- Sewing 101 - machine basics, button application, threading the machine, types of needles, types of fabric, sewing 2 basic stitches) - RECOMMENDED first for anyone with little to no experience
- Sewing 102 - decorative stitches, quilt blocking, pattern reading, reviewing basic information
- Garment construction - sewing with wovens, linens, and non-knit materials, start with pattern and finish with completed woven top (several styles available).
- Sewing with knits - sewing with knits (serger recommended, Brother serger/overlocker available for rent during class), start with pattern an finish with knit garment (several styles available).
Private Lesson Pricing:
- $65 per hour.
- All classes require reservation and a 50% class deposit to secure reservation.
If you are interested in learning more and discussing in more detail, please fill out the interest form here and I will be in contact with you for more details.